- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Greenwood Village
Client Reference Code: 250169
Candidate will be responsible for proactively interacting with all operational and engineering verticals in an effort to onboard break-fix processes, determine how to proactively perform health checks, review weekly monthly metrics and suggest operational tactics. Develop strategies to increase containment, decrease SCI volume, improve ticketing accuracy, implement process standardization and automate processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary function of this role is to support the APOSC (application platform operation support center) and all APO subordinate verticals ensuring best practices are effectively communicated, SLAs are documented, trending analysis and reports are made available in an effort to aid in timely responses and resolutions of network related issues.
- This position is expected to be a technical lead and available to all three APOSC shifts for training of new and existing processes, providing technical feedback for continuous process improvement and developing relationships with all APO vertical technical leaders.
- Responsible for the organization and communication of documents, which will include but is not limited to:
- application system alarm response, break/fix activity, incident triage, change management, smart hands and facility access management, and metrics and reporting
- Apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluating problems and implementing best practices for both the APOSC and APO verticals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of Three (3) years engineering work experience
- Minimum of Two (2) years' experience supporting a 24x7 network support center in a technical role.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with the following technologies; Windows OS, IP networking protocols, UNIX/LINUX HP & Dell hardware, fault managements systems.
- A working knowledge with, Splunk, IBM Netcool, Sharepoint and Confluence.
- Ability installing, administering, configuring, and maintaining OSS applications; including operating systems and related software
- Experience monitoring and managing applications, device availability, network conditions, and system reliability/performance, as well as service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Ability reviewing existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
- Proficiency in creating diagrams in Visio and proficient in creating automated reports in .xls.
- Experience working within Telecommunications industry
- Network Management experience
- Related Operational Experience
- Experience with NetCool, CA Spectrum, & Splunk
Job Code : ISY340 Systems Engineer II Exempt