- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leads a cross functional team on a sub-project in the development of new products, focused on algorithm development. Finds solutions to complex product development problems. Develops system level design documentation and requirements specification, working with marketing, engineering and other stakeholders. Participates in specialized functions such as algorithm development, user interface development, chemical process development or data analysis methodology. Develops and follows specialized procedures in executing experiments, evaluation and documentation of results. Develops working relationships with cross functional groups.
- Algorithm development.
- Perform product definition, system architecture, requirements writing, requirements management, requirements analysis, risk analysis, hazard analysis, product test and evaluation, System V & V, and/or design control documentation.
- Optimizes design processes.
- Design and conduct system level characterization/verification of complex systems; collect, organize, analyze, and document test results.
- Integrate analytical and performance related elements with software, hardware, and electronics system components.
- Communicate effectively and participate on cross functional development teams with good negotiating skills to direct multi-disciplinary teams toward solutions.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Failure to properly define requirements, integrate all systems, verify/validate requirements could result in product introduction delays and quality issues.
BS in engineering, physical science or related field or equivalent. MS degree ideal. 6 yrs product development experience in Engineering or physical science. Experience credit for advanced degrees beyond BS (2 years for Masters; 4 years for Doctorate). Experience in general engineering/science principals and laboratory skills Strong knowledge of defined development process that is consistent with ISO, FDA design control standards or requirements.
Experienced in one or more of the following: Electro-mechanical, software, mathematical, chemical or biochemical technologies as they pertain to the design, integration, evaluation and commercialization of diagnostic systems Ability to work on many subjects concurrently
ADC Diabetes Care
United States Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- ms project
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.