- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Tax Accountant, Tax, ITS Latin America Tax Intra Area Desk (Manager)
Ernst & Young U.S. LLP, New York, NY.
Examine, analyze, and interpret financial and tax records, including in Spanish or Portuguese, and international tax policy developments in the area of taxation of multinational companies and treasury activities. Prepare and participate in client meetings and work within a team environment to deliver fully integrated tax services to clients. Research complex tax issues for multinational clients, developing innovative tax solutions for their global tax footprint. Assist with a broad range of domestic and international tax matters, including cross border, financing, IP, M&A, restructuring and supply chain issues. Provide in-depth analysis of tax and regulatory changes and other business considerations for the firm's clients investing in the Latin American region and prepare tax alerts with updates to be shared with clients. Keep informed of current Latin American laws and tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations. Give global tax advice to clients by applying knowledge of Latin American tax laws. Manage and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
Full time employment, Monday
hours per week, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Tax, Law, Finance or related, plus 5 years of post-bachelor’s progressive experience; OR Master's degree in Accounting, Business, Tax, Law, Finance or related, plus 4 years of experience.
Of the required experience, must have 3 years of experience in all of the following:
- Effectively applying complex Latin American tax concepts to client situations;
- Advising U.S. multinational companies regarding tax implications of investments in Latin America, focusing on tax planning, repatriation of dividends, and reinvestment and restructuring projects in Latin America;
- Experience within a multinational corporation and specifically in a legal or tax services firm;
- Corporate tax matters within Latin American countries in a wide variety of expertise such as real estate, M&A, IP restructuring and inter-company financing;
- Domestic taxation of mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganizations within Latin American countries;
- Supervising teams consisting of at least 4 people on multiple projects and providing direction to team members.
Must meet one of the following criteria:
- Active CPA certification or foreign equivalent;
- Sufficient educational/experience requirements (as determined by state Board of Accountancy) to receive CPA certification within one year of hire/promotion;
- Enrolled Agent certification; OR
- Member of the New York or other State Bar or foreign equivalent.
Must be fluent (orally and in writing) in Spanish or Portuguese
Requires travel up to 50%, of which 10% is international, in order to serve client needs.
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
TO APPLY: Please apply on-line at ey.com/us/jobsearch (Job Number – NEW00MVX).
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
This particular position at Ernst & Young in the United States requires the qualified candidate to be a "United States worker" as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor regulations at 20 CFR 656.3. You can review this definition at https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title20-vol3/pdf/CFR-2011-title20-vol3-sec656-3.pdf at the bottom of page 750. Please feel free to apply to other positions that do not require you to be a "U.S. worker".
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.