- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Tax Director- US tax planning & Americas
As the Tax Director- US tax planning & Americas you will:
- Maintain and enhance the FIR tax return processes
- Manage the PwC/IST relationship & Sch A cost for the FIR population
- Lead FIR portion of US Tax Return review meetings with PwC/IST, Corporate Taxes & business (transaction technical review and year-end tax return review)
- Tax reporting and modeling of all Non-US tax planning transactions and legal entity simplification initiatives
- Enhance US tax reform reporting processes for global intangible low-taxed income “GILTI”
- Develop FIR process for qualified amended returns “QAR”
- Lead initiatives focused on embedding standardization, automation, and process improvements with the goal of simplifying compliance processes and enhancing existing analytical tools to ensure outputs from processes facilitate W2W efficiency levering technology and scale with a critical focus on process and reporting efficiency
- Develop relationships throughout GE Tax organization in order to exchange information regarding best practices
The Tax Director- US tax planning & Americas will develop and maintain US compliance processes and policies for the Gas Power foreign income tax reporting population.
- Bachelor's Degree. Juris Doctorate, Masters of Taxation or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification
- Minimum 7 years of post-qualification experience in tax compliance
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in handling large amounts of data
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareers
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Minnesota, New York
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.