- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Additional Job Information
- 40 Hours per Week - - Sign-On Bonus Eligible - - Expert Pay - - Holiday Rotation - - Rotating - 12 hour shifts, may start at any time depending on business need - - Rotating - 8 hour shifts, may start at any time depending on business need - - Weekend Rotation as Required by Department - - Benefits Eligible - More Information:
For more than 130 years, St. Louis Children's Hospital has provided exceptional care for children in all 50 states and 80 countries around the world. With its academic partner, Washington University School of Medicine, Children’s is consistently ranked among the nation’s best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. A member of BJC Healthcare, St. Louis Children’s Hospital follows one simple mission – to do what’s right for kids. That mission comes to life through medical discovery, innovative therapies and compassionate care. In 2018, Children's expanded with a state-of-the-art, 12-story medical tower. To learn more, visit StLouisChildrens.org, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Under the direction of manager, plans, directs, and coordinates activities of a unit on a designated shift. Performs direct patient care as needed and functions as clinical resource to nursing and support staff. Assesses, plans, evaluates and documents the nursing process of assigned unit as needed.
- Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
- Provides unit leadership for defined period of time using critical thinking assessment and evaluation skills.
- Evaluate patients response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patients' stay.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum Requirements
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional JobInformation
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
Licenses & Certifications
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Clinical - DirectSkills
- Charge Nurse - 2 years or more
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
-On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
-Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About the company