- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Apply now »
Team Lead - Topeka
LOCATION: Topeka, KS, US, 66619
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 192343
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Team Lead is responsible for delivering operational targets and leading an engaged production team. The Team Lead drives safety, quality, continuous improvement, associate development, team engagement and operating results for their assigned area. Team Leads must proactively identify and action risks to safety, food safety, quality and production losses. Team Leads must also lead and coach root cause problem solving, coordinate resource requirements, effectively communicate priorities and escalate issues within their area and across shifts.
Team Leads have thorough technical understanding and mastery of Manufacturing Reliability Fundamentals and the Factory Mars Operating System (MRF/FMOS).The Team Lead will develop, execute and coach Cleaning – Inspect – Lubricate (CIL), Center Line (CL), and Defect Management for their assigned area. The Team Lead will lead key FMOS connection points and own accountability for reliability data collection accuracy.
• Team Leaders should meet the Advanced criteria for Safety at Mars.
• Coach Mars safety standards, tools and techniques.
• Identify, evaluate and eliminate safety risks.
• Identify and lead safety continuous improvement activities including near miss and CARES observations.
• Team Leaders should meet the advanced criteria for Food Safety.
• Strong functional knowledge and ability to coach others on the HAACP systems.
• Coach team on use and application of Mars Quality Principle and site quality standards.
• Proactively action identified food safety and quality risks via PRIMP and Near Miss reporting.
• Understand and execute regulatory compliance responsibilities including quality and cleaning checks.
• Deliver operational objectives through use of FMOS (operating system), MRF (Mars Reliability Fundamentals) and Continuous Improvement.
• Advanced knowledge of Factory Mars Operating System (FMOS).
• Lead FMOS connection points to visualize, prioritize and assign resources against escalated issues.
• Coordinate materials, staffing and resources to support line operation and changeovers.
• Ensure adherence of performance tracking tools including log books, area boards and loss tracking systems.
• Work jointly as part of area
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States