- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
This role is responsible for the design of services within Control Center that directly address the immediate needs of our customers, and also complement our strategic direction (both conforming to, and helping to define). The person must be very capable in problem solvingwith a balanced mix of technical and business skills such as managing customer expectations and mentoring internal engineering teams.
• Lead and grow a highly motivated and over-achieving development team
• Support and manage production infrastructure across the globe for a high volume SaaS solution
• Experience of working with distributed team members in different timezones
• Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication
• Experience in handling change in priorities, scope and technologies
• Ability to work with broad requirements and ask the right questions to clarify
• Cultivate and expand a culture of innovation to deliver a first in class product
• Engage and own the responsibility for the team deliverables, development process and schedule
• Direct architecture design and technology innovation to deliver on the company's product roadmap
• Aid and drive collaboration in technical deep dives and architectural discussions
• Collaborate across development teams, product management, QA and Operations
• Prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and think creatively against tight deadlines
• BS in Computer Science, Masters preferred
• 10 to 15 of experience in building large-scale distributed systems
• Solid track record of leading a development team
• Superb interpersonal and leadership skills with a can do attitude
• Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced fluid environment
• Technical knowledge: knowledge of algorithms, core software technologies, including server-side Java, and large-scale distributed systems
• Proven track record in delivering releases on-time and within budget for aggressive product and market growth
• No wireless experience required. We are looking for people with strong backgrounds in core software engineering.
• Strong English reading, writing and communication skills
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.