- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
Tech Lead / Senior Distributed Systems Engineer - Data Analytics Engineering
How often do you say – “I am on WebEx”. Webex is synonymous with meetings and collaboration. WebEx is world’s largest collaboration product hosting more than 6 Billion minutes a month and is operated out of 24 data centers worldwide. The Data Analytics Engineering team within Cisco’s Cloud Collaboration Technology Group is responsible for the analytics platform that drives diagnostics, reporting and the WebEx Graph. This team is responsible for ingest pipelines, query engines, REST based micro services and the data lake that processes several billions of metrics each day.
In this role as a senior engineer, you will design, implement and make hands-on contributions to build a scalable and flexible data analytics platform used by many stakeholders – both external customers as well as internal users. This platform processes structured, semi-structured and unstructured data to provide both near-real-time and historical insights into various datasets.
In this role you will:
· Design and build multi-tenant aware horizontally scalable micro services
· Allow internal and external customers to query and report on diverse datasets
· Derive critical insights for customers to allow them to be more productive
· Collaborate with multiple engineering teams to take ideas and turn them into features by coming up with right design and implementation plans
· 8+ years of software design and architecture experience with significant implementation responsibilities
· Backend service development/coding in Java, Python etc.
· Designing and building cloud-native scale-out and distributed applications that leverage micro services, REST APIs, relational and No-SQL data stores
· Well versed with entire lifecycle of micro services - deployment, monitorin, troubleshooting and manageability
· Building SDKs and APIs to publish data from various sources
· Dealing with services in multi-tenant, horizontally scalable platforms
· Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with automation of developing, deploying and monitoring cloud-scale micro services
· Some experience in processing large volumes of data in real-time and batch modes
· Experience with message queue like Kafka to build real-time pipelines, caching solutions like Redis.
· Experience working with streaming events and schema validation techniques (JSON / Avro) is desirable
· Experience building REST APIs for analytics services
· Educational background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.