- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $50,000.00 - $59,999.00 gross per year
Title: Technical Administrator
Company: Nerd Street Gamers
Location: Localhost - Various Locations in Major US Markets
Reports to: Vice President, IT
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: Entry-Level; First-Time Official and Manager
Nerd Street Gamers provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors. The Technical Administrator role will work closely with the VP, IT at Nerd Street Gamers to provide Information Technology support for all NSG entities including various Localhost Arenas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide end user support such as troubleshooting & account management on a daily basis
- Equipment upgrades and maintenance on all NSG/Localhost equipment
- Provide Tournament support across the National Championship Series (NCS) up to and including setup, configuration, inventory, etc.
- Project management
- Craft and implement network configurations and test plans
- Troubleshoot network related issues; report on results with root cause analysis and recommended next steps
- Gathering and presenting Network Performance Metrics
- Perform platform software upgrades and failover testing
- Administration of firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, and other network equipment
- Perform audits as needed
- Work with VP, IT in preparing network enhancements and configurations
- Identify areas of the infrastructure for optimization
- Create detailed network diagrams and procedure documents
- Troubleshooting voice and other IT issues as needed
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree level in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline
- 2+ years experience in network administration/engineering and support roles
- Working knowledge of network technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP
- Experience with wireless LAN’s, VPN, firewalls, load balancers
- Experience with network management tools and troubleshooting
- Experience in esports and video games a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills are required
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a pressured environment
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment: The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
· While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
· The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.