- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We build software for the world's most talented thinkers. That means we need to push boundaries daily. At SAS, you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and constantly try new things.
Are you a problem solver and love learning new technology? Do you enjoy teaching and helping others solve problems? Are you a skilled communicator that enjoys working as part of a highly motivated team to develop applications, presentations and collaborate on projects? If this excites you, then SAS Technical Training Services is the place for you! As an Associate Technical Training Consultant, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with technical experts from across many divisions of the company to share new ideas, techniques, and approaches for developing and delivering training materials on a wide array of SAS software. You will work with leading edge software, tools, and resources to teach our customers how to solve their business problems.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Education Services, you’ll attend a 16 week technical training program. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to build and deliver training materials to meet the complex computing needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications.
Upon completion of the Technical Enablement Academy, you will work as an Associate Technical Training Consultant on the Administration Team to deliver training and develop administration materials for new software and software revisions. Training is delivered in public classrooms, at customer sites and through live web technology. Materials are developed for these delivery methods as well as for on-line self-paced training.
- Collaborating with experts across many SAS divisions to develop and deliver custom training based on our customers business problems and specific technology needs
- Building and applying expertise in emerging analytical techniques, emerging SAS technologies, portfolio offerings, and third party software
- Directly assisting customers who are using analytical enterprise-class, multi-tier software applications and/or solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Business Information Technology, or Management Information Systems or other related quantitative field.
- Academic or work experience with R, Python, SAS or programming in a third or fourth generation language.
- Academic or work experience with software deployment, software/computer administration, and multiple operating systems (Windows, LINIX, UNIX, and so on)
- Ability to travel to deliver training at SAS offices and on-site at customer locations
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
- Technical writing experience
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with hardware environments supported by SAS software.
- Experience with administration tasks on one or more operating systems (Windows, LINUX/UNIX, cloud based systems such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure)
- Project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities
- Experience programming with the SAS language
- Preference - Cary, NC
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
About the company
SAS helps you make sense of the message. As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms your data into insights that give you a fresh perspective on your business. You can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t. And discover new opportunities.