- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Technical Lead, Analytics COE
Operations & Technology
Build visualizations that tell a story, making the best use of the canvas and leverage intuitive layouts
Design, build, and scale data pipelines across a variety of source systems and streams (internal, third-party, as well as cloud-based), distributed/elastic environments, and downstream applications and/or self-service solutions
Develop solutions combining data blending, profiling, mining, statistical analysis, and machine learning, to better define and curate models, test hypothesis, and deliver key insights
Manage the prioritization and execution of enhancements and projects, including communication to key stakeholders and coordination of work effort within internal IT teams, and the business community
Gather reporting requirements from stakeholders and convert them into technical solutions that give users access to the data in a format that highlights actionable insights.
Build and manage relationships with supporting IT teams in order to effectively deliver work products to production
• 5+ years of progressive data application development experience, working in large scale/distributed SQL, NoSQL, and/or Hadoop environments
• 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Microstrategy, etc.)
• 1+ years of experience modeling and implementing ETL/ELT on columnar MPP database technologies such as Snowflake, BigQuery and/or Redshift
• Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using cloud technologies, such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or Google Cloud
• Bachelor's degree plus relevant analytics experience
• Analytical – You have experience in delivering self-service analytics solutions that promote data discovery
o Working knowledge of ETL processes, Data Warehouse Schemas, & Cloud Hosted BI systems
o Experience in a business-facing analytical role and proven track record of related success
o Experience with Snowflake, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure a plus
• Media-focused - Strong working knowledge of media including broadcast TV, digital, and mobile (specific experience with TV Distribution a plus)
• Communicator – You have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical
• Action-oriented – You're constantly figuring out new problems and are regularly showing results with a positive attitude, always displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust
o Strong understanding of Agile principles and best practices
o You’ve dealt with ambiguity and can make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
The Analytics Center of Excellence (ACOE) at NBCUniversal is looking for a passionate problem solver who’s looking to build the next generation of data platforms and visualization. Reporting to the Director supporting the television portfolio, the Technical Lead role is right for you if you’re a visual storyteller who can build and cleanse large datasets in order to report out actionable insights.
As part of the global Operations & Technology organization, the ACOE is focused on data and analytics strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in providing NBCUniversal with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions.
In the Technical Lead role, you’ll be working with internal stakeholders, data engineers, visualization experts, data scientists, and other technologists across the television business. This position requires a passionate analytics expert – if you’re someone with expertise in data aggregation and visualization and can maintain the fine balance of business acumen and deep technical knowledge, you’ve come to the right place. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.