- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Datacenter Networking Business Unit is looking for a talented Verification Engineer to engage in new development of our Nexus 9K family. You will have an ASIC verification background with hands-on experience in RTL and verification, in-depth knowledge of SoC development cycle and the best industry practices, from specification through tape-out and lab validation, and a consistent track record of success in high-performance/high-volume semiconductor markets.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
Come join us and take part in shaping Cisco’s revolutionary solutions for datacenters by designing some of the most complex chips being developed in the industry with the opportunity to get full exposure to all aspects of the systems and applications we build (Silicon, Hardware, Software, telemetry, security, etc). Our group offers a unique combination of a startup culture with the benefits of working for the top tier networking company in the world!
WHO YOU ARE
You will collaborate closely with the design team and the hardware team to verify the ASIC in simulation, in emulation and during ASIC bring up.
- You will participate in the DV infrastructure buildup effort.
- You will maintain existing testbenches.
- You will provide end-to-end verification of various design blocks.
- You will be a part of top-level verification.
- You will take responsibility for emulation testing efforts.
- You will be a partner in ASIC bringup
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- You have a BS or MS degree in EE or CE.
- You have 10+ years of ASIC Design Verification experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- You possess deep understanding of C, C++, SystemVerilog programming and debugging skills
- You are proficient in UVM programming and methodology
- You have shown scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming)
- You have proficient in functional coverage and constrained random DV environments.
- You can write and execute test plans
- You are able to debug issues system-wide
- You have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- You have the ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams and team-focused, and possess the commitment to learn and grow
We Are Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.