- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
Technical Lead Mechanical Engineering - Computer Systems Products Group San Jose, CA
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Business Entity
The Computing Systems Products Group, through The Unified Computing Systems innovative architecture, helps to enable the fully unified data center. We architect the next generation unified computing systems, including compute, storage, network, visualization and management into a single platform. The team designs, implements, and delivers Computer industry leading computing system products. You will be part of the dynamic and passionate team working on innovative projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Role & Responsibilities
In this highly visible role as Technical Leader Mechanical Engineering, you will
- Lead/drive design of next generation computing system products from concept to production
- Lead/drive innovation in key areas of responsibility
- Interact with multi-functional teams for technical discussion
- Solve complex system and architecture issues
WHO YOU ARE
- Expertise in designing complex modular systems for data centers
- Expertise in 3D CAD tool such as Creo (aka Pro/e)
- Expertise in tolerance analysis and GD&T
- Experience in sheet metal and plastic injection molding design
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with BSME, or MSME
- Experience with compute or networking product design preferred.
- Strong knowledge in areas such as power distribution, signal integrity, and EMC
- Proficient in CFD/structural analysis tools
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.