- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
The Business Entity
Cisco's Enterprise Segment is responsible for the technologies essential for connecting business customers, including the Cisco Catalyst family of switches; enterprise routing; wireless networking; and solutions for all industry segments of the enterprise, Internet of Things, small business, and emerging markets.
The Enterprise Segment's organizational design is based on the principle of functional excellence and platforming, supported by small, focused teams helping accelerate us into new markets, technologies and businesses. We are operating based on a principle of maximum leverage from our work - creating a platform for networking.
Role & Responsibilities
The Technical Marketing Engineer will primarily focus on the Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) 800 Series product line and threat defense solution for small box retail, small business, mid-market commercial and Managed Service Provider customers.
* Managing technical marketing aspects of ISR 800 Series. Responsibilities include but not limited to product certifications, proof of concept, customer and internal presentations, product gap analysis, technical requirements, technical collaterals and pre-sales support.
* Evangelizing the value and technical differentiators of Cisco ISR 800 Series portfolio and related solutions to sale teams, channel partners, and customers
* Engaging with key customers to drive the product and solution adoption.
* Being the customer's technical advocate inside the development organization
* Participating in the product development process to provide use cases, deployment scenarios, and technical documentation of new product requirements. Managing EFT and Beta programs of new products.
* Generating compelling technical sales enablement collaterals such as Q&A, white papers, Technical Decision Maker presentations and competitive analysis. Ensuring necessary content, training programs, and design implementations are available to the sales and partner technical communities.
* Participating in demo development, industry events, and Cisco Sales events
* Extensive customer and field interaction is a must. Some travel required.
* Thorough understanding of networking technology and strong technical knowledge of routing, switching, and WAN technologies
* Basic understanding of threat defense technology such as Firewall, IPS, Web Security; as well as relevant use cases
* Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering clear technical collaterals
* Strong technical writing and presentation skills
* BA/BS or equivalent (engineering, marketing, or business preferred) required.
* 5+ years overall experience in fields such as technical or product marketing, sales, or engineering.
* Working experience with Managed Service Providers
* Familiarity with Broadband technology such as xDSL, GPON/EPON.
* Successful experience in Sales, Technical Marketing, or a similar role
* Strong ability to build relationships among Cisco sales, marketing, and customers
* Ability to work with limited supervision in defining initial goals, prioritizing parallel projects, and addressing complex issues as they arise
* Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams to influence product strategy and to drive results
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.