- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technical Product Manager
We are a fast-growing cloud startup in a multi-billion dollar market looking for you – a brilliant, creative, and entrepreneurial Technical Product Manager to tackle some hard technology problems and change the way small businesses use technology. This is a rare opportunity to come in at the ground floor with an experienced team to own the vision and development of a cloud software application.
SkyKick’s Cloud Backup enables organizations to protect their intellectual property by providing a tool set to backup and restore Microsoft Office 365 data to the cloud. Partners across the global draw on our Microsoft Office 365 expertise to provide a comprehensive and innovative feature set to protect their customers’ data thus reducing loss of productivity, improving relationship and provide long-term recurring revenue.
The Technical Product Manager for Cloud Backup is critical to SkyKick’s ambitious product acceleration agenda. This role will work with SkyKick’s Cloud Backup Engineering team to define product features and functionality that will propel SkyKick’s marketing-leading backup solution even further, and to bring those features to life through an agile software development planning process.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management for Cloud Backup.
- Product owner for the Cloud Backup service. Responsible for defining, delivering and managing the product and business metrics
- Write user stories and detailed functional specifications for all aspects of the Cloud Backup product. Manage user experience with the Design team and software development contributions to functional specifications.
- Prioritize and define sprint priorities, feature set and backlog of incremental improvements.
- Pivot and prioritize new areas as required
- The Subject Matter Expert for our Cloud Backup product
- You’ll drive defining the product and functional scope, ensuring each capability meets the needs of the market and internal stakeholders
- Develop and foster key cross-functional relationships across SkyKick’s Product, Engineering, Support and Sales teams.
- Partner closely with the Director of Product Management to define the future of SkyKick’s Cloud Backup solution
- Collaborate on product roadmap
- Perform market research, gather competitive intelligence; identify disruptors
- Conduct and maintain competitive analysis
- Willingness to rollup sleeves and do technical research
- Facilitate executive readouts and product updates
- Collaborate with Sales, Support and Marketing on go to market efforts
- Working with Technical Writing team
- Host webinars and product demos QUALIFICATIONS
- The ideal candidate will meet most if not all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership & passion, a history or accomplishments, willingness to learn, and a team player
- 2-3+ years of cloud and/or enterprise software product management experience or working with customers in a solution-defining role
- Strong technical knowledge ideally with a technical degree in a field such as Computer Science ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
We offer a competitive salary, strong equity package, awesome health care, all the usual startup amenities, and a great foosball table. Most importantly this is a great opportunity to make an impact and build something big with a successful and seasoned team. If you’re a strong team player and have been waiting for the right opportunity to do something revolutionary and make a huge impact, we’d love to hear from you.
About the company