- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- Mountain View
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Intelligent, immersive computing is rapidly evolving as an important area in consumer products. The Daydream, AR and Lens teams are fast moving, cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and research scientists tasked with building the platform, applications and ecosystem for this ground-breaking technology.
You will define, manage, and lead Daydream device projects and be central to Daydream device launches. You plan requirements with customers, manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate goals to project stakeholders.
You'll work closely with Engineering and Product Management in bringing the devices to the users. You have proven experience in leading a project through the entire software development lifecycle, problem solving, and managing complex project schedules. You have an ability to think critically and to lead through intellect and persuasion. You have a strong drive, a collaborative method of working, and experience delivering complex systems on time.
The Google Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality team is a fast moving group of engineers, designers, and research scientists tasked with building the foundations for great immersive and augmented reality apps and prototyping novel, delightful user experiences. We are focused on making virtual reality accessible to millions of people through mobile devices, and its scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of direct experience working and managing international vendors and OEM partners
- 8 years of experience as a Technical Program Manager, Program Manager, or Project Manager
- 8 years of experience with Hardware Systems Architecture
- 4 years of hands-on experience developing consumer products
- Experience working within supply chain and managing relationships with external vendors: displays, cameras, certification labs (e.g., UL), industrial design firms, ODMs (RFQs), etc
- Excellent track record of managing a cross-functional team in order to achieve new product objectives inclusive of quality, yield and cost
- Passion and drive to own the problem in a specific area and run with it including architecture, design, implementation and testing
- Serve as the System TPM for high impact early stage projects which push the envelope of computing and develop technology to dramatically expand how Google can help its users
- Manage large scope projects from initial builds though ramp and serve as technical lead in facilitating resolution of complex issues during bring-up and the life of the product
- Work closely with Engineering and product managers to prioritize and define features and remove roadblocks and keep processes running smoothly
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate