- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Within the Data Center Platforms team, you will sit at the nexus of business analysis, technical project execution, and product rollout.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Program Management.
- Experience working in compute/storage system development, software system development, and/or networking development.
- Experience with launching data center (compute, storage, networking, power, cooling) products.
- Experience in machine learning software/applications.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, consultation and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with technical and non-technical groups.
- Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Work with many cross-functional teams to deliver an infrastructure that powers applications.
- Partner across a wide variety of functions at Google to drive change in a complex setting.
- ms project
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate