- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Mountain View
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
The Google Nest Security and Privacy team is responsible for ensuring that computing is safe, secure, and private. Our team ensures that our products are built with users' trust in mind.
As a Technical Program Manager focused on Security and Privacy at Google Nest, you’ll use your technical expertise to decrease security and privacy risks for our users.
Google’s Security and Privacy Technical Program Managers need to think big, and, by helping organizations implement more effective controls in information systems, you'll have an even bigger impact. From designing and building new infrastructure, to working with teams to make existing systems better, to building new security and privacy programs, you'll work to keep our users’ privacy at the forefront of everything we do.
In this role, you’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Technical experience with privacy, security, or compliance.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in privacy, security, or compliance principles or relevant technologies.
- Experience with privacy principles and relative technologies (sensitive data handling, retention, user data protection, privacy by design, gap analysis, DLP, anonymization).
- Experience managing execution and high quality product delivery.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Manage security and privacy programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
- Conduct product security and privacy vulnerability assessments and provide concrete feedback to mitigate challenges.
- Use technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
- Build and develop relationships with the security research community. Influence a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate