- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Basking Ridge
What you’ll be doing...
The Project Manager (PM) will work side by side with cross-functional leadership in organizations such as sales, legal, product, network, IT, and marketing to execute, track, and manage a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the objectives of the business and preparing the business for the future.
The PM may be asked to drive business transformation and integration efforts across one or more Verizon business units. These integration initiatives will be conceived at the highest levels of the organization and, as such, will have the visibility at that level.
The PM will help frame the scope and strategy, and will also lead the execution of the recommendations across all work streams.
- Lead conception, scope definition, and execution of various types of strategic and operational business transformation initiatives, ranging from Corporate and Operational Strategy to Process Improvement.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track cross-functional progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Develop an integration playbook that can be reused on similar future programs.
- Provide proactive and engaged leadership on key projects designed to increase revenue, reduce expenses, enhance business efficiency, and improve customer experience.
- Working with the Director of Business Transformation, provide effective leadership for the initiatives under analysis and integration execution.
- Provide senior leadership and functional unit management with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks.
- Understand and analyze various drivers impacting key metrics and outcomes and provide fact-based recommendations to the stakeholders.
- Be a liaison between business units on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope
- Facilitate team meetings and cross-functional workshops.
- Proactively anticipate and work towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement.
What we’re looking for...
You have the ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures. You are someone that has excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable in working up and across the organization. You are a strategic thinker that results in new ideas that drives the business forward.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience or certification in Lean Six Sigma.
- PMP Certification.
- Experience in large integration programs.
- Experience in the development and measurements of KPI’s.
- Experience working in a tier-1 management consulting organization.
- Ten or more years of total work experience, including some in telecom or related industries.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
- Presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using MS PowerPoint and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
- Strategy, operational processes, and customer experience.
- Facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.