- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, is seeking a Technical Sales Representative for future opportunities to join its industry leading sales team. You’ll be responsible for revenue and profit growth of programs and services in targeted accounts. With a consultative sales approach, you’ll build relationships with existing customers by understanding their key business drivers and executing system assurance programs. With strong account leadership, you’ll also convert strategic competitive accounts and sell new technologies to current customers.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a growth company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits
- Receive a company vehicle and cell phone
- Opportunity for a long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- Support from a dedicated technical service team
- Culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Feel proud each day to work for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Generate and execute sales plans in existing customer base and in assigned competitively-held accounts, to meet profit increase goals. Target % sales time will be approximately 20-40%
- Work closely with current and prospective customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and prospective customers, including plant or facility executives
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco Water innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Water
- This position is based in New York, NY
- Territory covers about a 20 mile radius of the surrounding area
- Targeted accounts are within the Institutional industries, (Commercial Buildings, hospitals, hotels and universities)
- Less than 5% overnight travel required
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides several exceptional technical training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem.
Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters in Naperville, IL; travel arranged and paid for by Nalco Water. Based on your skill level, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, management and leadership, classroom training and certifications.
Relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate
- Bachelor's degree
- Technical sales or field sales support experience
- Possess a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or life sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, HVAC systems, and wastewater treatment systems
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
About the company
Ecolab Inc., headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, is an American global provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets. It was founded as Economics Laboratory in 1923 by Merritt J. Osborn, and renamed "Ecolab" in 1986.