- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you will do
Do you have experience with Fire Detection Systems and enjoy working with people? If so, this role might be your dream job.
This person is responsible for technical pre-sales support on new and retrofit fire alarm/life safety system sales across a territory covering: Kansas, Minnesota, South & North Dakota, Missouri, and Iowa. Review system proposals provided by local sales people to ensure functionality and provide value engineering suggestions to assist sales to increase their sales production. Assist sales staff with surveys of the customers’ facility to identify the protection needed as well as gathering the necessary information on how they utilize their current systems to better provide guidance on any future fire alarm/life safety systems. As needed, collaborates with and gathering information from internal company personnel in other functions to develop sound quotations.
How you will do it
- Perform demonstrations and presentations of Simplex equipment, alternate systems interfaces, and code updates to end users, engineers/architects, contractors, and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Interface with Sales and installation on systems designs, technical requirements or project conditions that may be required within the specifications or contract documents.
- Play key role in the development of increased product and application knowledge of new, less experienced sales representatives with whom they partner.
- Gather information, make appropriate product selection unless contract or customer specified and prepare scope of work, and cost estimates.
- Offer advice to sales representatives and installation on fire, AHJ regulations and building codes for proposed jobs. What we look for
- High School or Equivalent experience.
- 5 years in Technical Fire Industry desired.
- Knowledge of fire regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of sales process preferred.
- NICET Level 2 or greater preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, work with minimal supervision with high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to be a team player at all levels of Johnson Controls and customer organizations.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis throughout the assigned territory.
- Excellent written & verbal communications.
- Microsoft Office, database, spreadsheet and presentation software proficiency. Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers. Additional Information
- Overtime Status: Exempt
About the company