- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technical Specialist, Longevity Risk Transfer-PRT0007U
Prudential’s global Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) business is the world’s leading provider of pension risk transfer solutions, specializing in transactions in the US and longevity risk transfer globally. Prudential Retirement has positioned itself as a thought leader in this market focusing on the challenges faced by clients. Our team has completed the largest and most noteworthy pension risk transfer and longevity risk transfer transactions ever done. Prudential has been named “Reinsurer of the Year” by Risk Magazine in each of the past four years.
The LRT Technical Specialist on the PRT Client Services, New Business team, creates a smooth transition experience for new longevity clients, and interacts extensively with clients, intermediaries and internal LRT business partners.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Participate in pre-sale and “path to close” activities including reviewing legal documents to assess benefit structures and terms, client files, models, and samples to assess our processing capabilities
- Identify challenges and risk for on-boarding and administering the terms of the contract, including recordkeeping system limitations, onerous tracking requirements, etc.
- Participate in negotiation meetings and raise any concerns with unique plan provisions
- Perform on-boarding activities for new transactions, including catching up the data experience to a current date
- Process annual data reviews, including the true-up settlement payment to/from Pru
- Develop a sophisticated transaction tools suite for accurate and efficient on-going administration through the life of the contract
- Develop testing plans for new tools
- Write procedures specific to the contract terms and any special processing
- Work on special projects as needed
- BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 years longevity reinsurance experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills; Developing macros and work with VisualBasics is a plus
- Understanding of LRT operations and processes
- Discretion to deal with confidential information
- Keen attention to detail
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexiblewith the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
United States-New Jersey-Newark, United States-Connecticut-Hartford
- real estate
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)