- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Wichita Falls
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry’s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
Technical Support Engineer: Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
This position is for the 1pm to 10pm CST team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Solid understanding of the following protocols and applications
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
- TCP/IP and Networking
- NetApp Storage System operating systems such as Data ONTAP or E-Series Operating System (EOS)
- NetApp solutions developed around specific applications involving E-Series and/or FAS storage systems
- The usage of tools, logs, and support tools needed to analyze system issues (such as perfstat, packet traces, ASUP logs, etc.)
- Must have at least 1 or more areas of expertise such as:
- NetApp hardware platforms and peripheral devices
- Data ONTAP operating system and NetApp High-Availability (HA) technology
- NetApp E-Series controller operating system and technologies
- UNIX/Linux configuration, administration and technical support
- Microsoft Windows environment configuration, system administration and technical support
- NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure
- Network Attached Storage protocols experience (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI) and related required protocols (DNS, NIS, and Active Directory)
- NetApp Cluster-Mode Storage Solutions and related technologies
- The interoperability of enterprise applications (such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SAP) with NetApp storage systems and solutions
- Server, and Desktop Virtualization Solutions (such as VMware, ...
- This position is for the Data Protection Team - - Knowledge of end to end replication like SnapMirror.
- Networking and packet trace knowledge.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do.We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employe