- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
Who You Are Do emerging trends like Augmented Reality, interactive videos, and customized content delivery pique your interest? If your answer is “Yes,” we’d like to talk to you! The Core Software Group Technical Communication team at Cisco is looking for self-motivated and ingenious technical writers (2-10 years’ experience) to join us in our journey to redefine the content experience for our customers.
Who You'll Work With The Core Software Group develops most of Cisco's Routing, Switching, and Wireless products. We believe in delivering the very best product experiences for our customers, and grow with providing state of the art, user-centric content that complements Cisco’s diverse range of networking products and IT solutions.
What You’ll Do The global initiatives we’re aiming to transform the customer experience present a host of exciting opportunities for technical communication professionals. As a technical communicator at Cisco, you will:
- Use superior writing skills and exceptional attention to detail to conceptualize, plan, develop and write high-quality documentation.
- Drive innovation and experiment with new-age content formats, information architecture, and rich media.
- Find opportunities to improve quality, usability, and productivity.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of customer asks through internal/external connects to pilot innovative content development and delivery methods
What You Need
- Creative and critical thinking skills to solve customer problems
- Adept in creating visual and interactive content
- Ability to learn new product, technology, and tools.
Why Cisco We connect everything; people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.