- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- WAIKīKī, HONOLULU, HI, UNITED STATES
A Telecommunications Agent - Linguist is responsible foranswering internal and external phone calls in a friendly and courteous manner, direct calls through the hotel switchboard. Translates for callers, in-house and incoming. Inputs wake up calls and messages into the computer system, retrieving messages as requested. Actively coordinates communication within the hotel including emergency procedures, alarms, life safety, natural disaster, and shuttle van services, acting as a liaison to all appropriate local Emergency Services.
What will I be doing?
A Telecommunications Agent - Linguist is responsible foranswering internal and external phone calls in a friendly and courteous manner, direct calls through the hotel switchboard. Translates for callers, in-house and incoming. Inputs wake up calls and messages into the computer system, retrieving messages as requested. Actively coordinates communication within the hotel including emergency procedures, alarms, life safety, natural disaster, and shuttle van services, acting as a liaison to all appropriate local Emergency Services. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Promptly answers telephone calls using positive and clear English communication. Listens to ascertain the correct extension and information. Reads and uses a moderately complex computer console, directs calls to appropriate line. Requires sitting in a confined space for long periods of time to continuously perform essential functions.
- Transcribes complete and accurately spelled messages and repeats information to verify accuracy. Inputs and retrieves messages from the computer as requested. Reads and verbally recites exact messages for guests.
- Acts as dispatcher for security, guest services and property operations employees. Provides timely information to employees in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, airport shuttle service, etc.
- Receives wake up call information, carefully inputs information into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirms time to guest.
- Answers basic caller inquiries, e.g., time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc. with courtesy and professionalism.
- Immediately answers the emergency line, listens to details to identify nature of problem and responds appropriately in accordance with established procedures. Initiates emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details.
- Remains calm and polite especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity.
- Resolves complications and complaints such as missed wake up calls or missed messages using previous experience and good judgment.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality and/or communications experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak the Japanese language is required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with employees and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Considerable ability to listen effectively and speak English clearly on the telephone in a polite and understandable manner.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend and communicate clearly all guest messages.
- Ability to sit and continuously perform essential job functions in confined spaces in close proximity to other employees.
- Ability to type 35 words per minute and spell correctly to accurately input and record information.
- Ability to lift and carry a maximum of 50 lbs. for 60 feet to refill paper supplies as needed.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- safety and security