- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Telehealth Medical Assistant (Temporary, Bilingual Spanish or Vietnamese Preferred) (Healthcare)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
Medical Assistant is responsible for completing all of medical assistant duties with a high demonstrated competency in addition to managing patient flow on the floor. Additional duties such as special projects, reports, administrative or compliance tasks may be assigned as needed.
(May Include but are not limited to)
- Begin as telehealth (work from home / remote) (tentatively end of May through August and possibly through November); then go to onsite in the care centers.
- Drop-in home visits (Driving up to 50% of the time)
- Complete all basic patient intake with demonstrated competency including but not limited to:
- Vitals (height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temps, etc)
- Vaccine Administration
- Medical History/medication collection including Jump Start Application and EMR
- Other machines / systems trained on by supervisor and within Medical Assistant Scope
- Complete all patient check in functions including eligibility verification, appointment scheduling, confirmation, arrival of member within the EMR system and checkout.
- Complete HEDIS and all other clinical alerts tasked to a medical assistant role per protocols including management of home monitoring systems if applicable
- Deliver on excellent customer service for every member including assisting with care coordination needs such referrals, enrollments in chronic disease management programs, etc.
- Facilitate member concerns, complaints or coordination needs regarding services at Alignment clinics, primary physician's offices, any network provider or with health plan.
- Complete telephonic history and pre-visit planning as needed
- Complete patient drop in visits for those that are unable to contact or need equipment assistance in home for Alignment's telehealth programs
- Facilitate referrals / authorizations for members between the member, Alignment, specialist and primary care provider if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 years' experience as a medical assistant preferably in a physician office including working knowledge of managed care. Experience working with internal medicine offices highly preferred.
- Knowledge in Medicare and Medicaid benefits and resources preferred
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Medical Assistant Certification is preferred. LVN/LPN or other higher nursing certifications accepted as well.
- If MA Certificate not available, dependent on the state scope of practice regulations, minimum 3 years Medical Assistant experience demonstrating medical back office competencies.
- Current Driver's License
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Other languages preferred: English/Vietnamese or English/Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese)
- Proficient in Microsoft programs
- Proficient with the following applications:
- Other video applications
- Proficient with EMR
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to travel to other clinic locations away from his/her home location(s) and/or to patient homes
About the company