- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager specific to the Telematics & Connected Products product line(s). As Product Manager, you will be responsible for managing Telematics products through all phases of the product lifecycle from inception through retirement. The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, developing and executing marketing plans, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and product support to ensure revenue, market share, profitability, and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and update a five-year product strategy and roadmap including marketing plans, analysis strategies and forecasts
- Deliver Market Requirements Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Deliver a monthly revenue forecast
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Brief and train the Sales Representatives at quarterly sales meetings
- Perform product demos to customers
- Develop and publish product updates related to changes in our product offerings
- Develop and host various focus meetings with Sales Representatives and customers in order to be aware of the changing needs and demands of the market
- Plan, develop and approve all advertising, brochures, video media, website and media articles
- Facilitate and lead the Product Management team
- Participate in market analysis and develop new product ideas to increase market share
- Prepare and present appropriate business plans for new product development or acquisitions
- Participate in product development teams keeping the customer and market needs in front of the team
- Complete competitor product analyses by identifying strengths and weaknesses of their products and use this information to develop product strategies that increase market share and contribution margins
- Focus on contribution margin growth through product cost reduction measures
- Participate in trade shows and seminars as required
- To carry out special assignments and projects that fall within the scope of this description. To maintain open communication with the Sale Department, Product Group, Engineer and appropriate personnel, reporting on all developments and concerns
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or technical field (MBA Preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, product management, engineering or a technical field
- MBA degree
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus
- Technical background, with experience in Connected Products, Telematics, or IoT
- Telematics/connected car experience a plus
- Automotive technology, diagnostic and repair experience a plus
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Business Intelligence tools a plus Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
About the company