- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-11-08
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center is actively seeking an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and office support activities for top-level leadership (Associate VP and above) and their functional area(s) to facilitate the efficient operations of the office and function.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports top-level leadership and their department(s) with administrative and clerical tasks. Plans meetings and takes detailed minutes, as needed.
- Answers phone calls, provides information to callers or connects callers to appropriate staff. Schedules appointments and updates calendars.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations for department leadership and staff, as needed. Composes and types correspondence, such as informative materials; creates spreadsheets and presentations.
- Greets and provides general support to visitors.
- Develops and maintains department filing system.
- Assists with expense tracking and other budget related functions.
- Coordinating meeting space with UM facilities, ordering catering, and determining, arranging, and setting up AV requirements.
- Preparing, coordinating, and disseminating documentation to distribute at meetings such as meeting agendas and meeting materials.
- Preparing PowerPoints as requested.
- Notifying participants of upcoming meetings, agendas, and location.
- Attending key meetings and recording meeting minutes as requested
- Managing all travel aspects for AVP.
- Regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with supervisor and communicates with supervisor regarding:
- Regularly scheduled Sylvester administrative staff team meetings.
- Trainings regarding university policies, procedures, and systems.
- Assisting with the implementation of new initiatives.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Associate’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.