- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition Number TEMP000906Classification TitleTemporary - MaintenancePosition TitleGeneral Health Services - Certified Medical AssistantDepartment3902500101-General Health ServicesLocationPosition SummaryHealth Services. The Certified Medical Assistant provides general patient care and basic patient education in support of University Health Services medical staff to ensure efficiency and productivity as well as performs administrative duties to maintain a steady flow of office and patient room activity.
• Provides counseling to patients on various health-related topics.
• Measures vital signs; administers oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous medications as directed by the clinician.
• Initiates chart forms, obtains health histories and performs assessments.
• Prepares lab request forms and collects specimens including blood as needed.
• Provides supporting administrative functions as needed to facilitate patient flow.
• Performs EKGs and administers breathing treatments.
• Documents care and procedures on medical records.
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments; cleans and sanitizes exam rooms and restock supplies; maintains supplies inventories.
Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
Temporary employees are employed according to departmental need and the length of time will vary by workload and may not exceed 1300 hours worked in a 12-consecutive month period.
Minimum Education RequiredHigh School Diploma or equivalent; diploma from an approved medical assisting program; certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); CPR Certification
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience RequiredOne or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEffective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Preferred ExperienceOne or more years of experience in a physician’s Office
Preferred EducationPreferred ExperienceSalary Range$12.00 - $14.00 per hour temporary; non-benefitsJob Open Date11/13/2019Job Closing Date12/13/2019Position StatusPart-TimeSpecial Instructions SummaryQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/64077Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent ?
- * Do you have a diploma from an approved medical assisting program?
- * Do you possess a certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)?
- * Are you CPR certified?
- * Do you have one more years of experience?
- * Do you have the ability to use PC computers and effectively utilize Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases?
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Do you understand that you are applying for a temporary position, and you cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period?
- * Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?
- * Are you currently enrolled in six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate-level credit hours for the fall semester at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville)?
Required Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document