- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition Number TEMP000897Classification TitleTemporary - MaintenancePosition TitleHerty Advanced Materials Development Center - Pilot Plant TechDepartment3900982000-Herty: Plant-GeneralLocationPosition SummaryHerty Advanced Materials Development Center. The Pilot Plant Technician I operates dry end of paper machines, stocks preparation equipment, and assists the Pilot Plant Supervisor. The Pilot Plant Technician I may work a rotating shift which includes working on major holidays if the work shifts falls on the holiday. Overtime may be required.
• Monitors stock system.
• Operates or tends equipment to control consumer products.
• Mixes ingredients and control level to ensure adequate products to run equipment.
• Assists paper machine operator start up machine.
• Samples product according to standard operating procedures and wrap roll.
Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
Temporary employees are employed according to departmental need and the length of time will vary by workload and may not exceed 1300 hours worked in a 12-consecutive month period.
Minimum Education RequiredHigh School Diploma or equivalent
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience RequiredOne or more years of work-related experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & AbilitiesBasic math and mechanical knowledge; ability to move objects up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States;legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion background investigation and pre-employment urinalysis prior to employment.
Preferred ExperiencePreferred EducationPreferred ExperienceSalary Range$18.00 per hour temporary;non-benefits eligible.Job Open Date10/28/2019Job Closing Date12/13/2019Position StatusFull-TimeSpecial Instructions SummaryQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/63451Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that this position is located at Herty Advanced Materials Development Center in Savannah, Georgia?
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Do you understand that you are applying for a temporary position, and you cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period?
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent ?
- * Do you have one or more years of work related experience?
- * Have you ever been employed at Armstrong State University and/or Georgia Southern University?
- * If you answered "yes" to the previous questions, please list dates of employment (Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently enrolled in six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate-level credit hours for the fall semester at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville)?
- * Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?
Required Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document