- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition Number TEMP000903Classification TitleTemporary - MaintenancePosition TitleFacilities Services - Grounds KeeperDepartment3902150101-Residential Facilities-AuxLocationPosition SummaryFacilities Services (Statesboro, GA). The Groundskeeper maintains a clean, pleasant and safe environment for students, faculty, and staff by performing various grounds maintenance tasks utilizing hand, precision, and power tools.
• Performs routine landscape maintenance tasks which include raking leaves, edging and blowing sidewalks, pruning shrubs, mulching ornamental beds, and installing plants.
• Operates lawn maintenance equipment outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
• Performs litter pickup throughout the University and in the parking lots.
• Completes semi-skilled tasks of a physically demanding nature with some degree of independence
Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
Temporary employees are employed according to departmental need and the length of time will vary by workload and may not exceed 1300 hours worked in a 12-consecutive month period.
Minimum Education RequiredHigh School Diploma or equivalent
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience RequiredOne or more years of work-related experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & AbilitiesAbility to operate university vehicle;effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of a background investigation prior to employment.
Preferred ExperiencePreferred EducationPreferred ExperienceSalary Range$8.00 per hour temporary: non-benefitedJob Open Date11/04/2019Job Closing Date12/13/2019Position StatusFull-TimeSpecial Instructions SummaryQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/63657Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Do you understand that you are applying for a temporary position, and you cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period?
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent ?
- * Do you have one or more years of work related experience?
- * Do you have the ability to operate a university vehicle?
- * Have you ever been employed at Armstrong State University and/or Georgia Southern University?
- * If you answered "yes" to the previous questions, please list dates of employment (Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently enrolled in six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate-level credit hours for the fall semester at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville)?
Required Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document