- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position TitleTemporary Payroll SpecialistDivisionDepartmentFinance - PayrollPosition SummaryThe Payroll Specialist reports to the Payroll Manager and supports the mission and strategic plan of UNC Asheville through accurate and complete processing of all University compensation and employee benefits.
This position is responsible for processing monthly and bi-weekly payrolls in the Banner HR/PR system. This involves reconciliation of all pay transactions, deductions, and employer contributions, as well as coordination and oversight of Banner batch processes through multiple steps, with some being performed by the UNC System Office Shared Services Center.
The Temporary Payroll Specialist is responsible for maintaining payroll records of considerable complexity and confidentiality, assessing data for accuracy, validity, and integrity, reviewing work for accuracy, and complex problem-solving. The Specialist interprets and appropriately applies relevant policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
Position NumberFull-Time/Part-Time/IntermittentFull-Time (40 hours/week)Salary Information$18.00 Posting Detail Information
Posting NumberT0130Minimum Education/Experience/SkillsMinimum experience includes a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and/or at least 5 years of directly related experience.
- Strong knowledge of Payroll methods, best practices, internal controls, and regulatory requirements.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Hands-on experience with Ellucian’s Banner ERP system, especially the HR/Payroll module.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesWork Schedule and HoursTypical hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime may be required to meet payroll processing deadlines or other needs of the department.
Posting Date11/07/2019Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesAnticipated Start Date01/06/2020Special Instructions to ApplicantsApplications must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date for each specific position. Please note that any documents submitted to Human Resources or the hiring departments become property of UNC Asheville and will not be returned.
Official transcripts may be verified upon employment by Human Resources. If copies of transcripts are necessary they will be requested directly from the educational institution(s) by Human Resources. Any expense will be the responsibility of the employee. Educational degrees required must be from an appropriately accredited institution.
It is the policy of UNC Asheville to conduct pre-employment background investigations on all candidates selected for employment. If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.unca.edu/postings/4189Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Documents