- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Children’s Home& Aid believes that all children deserve a good home, a place that grounds them in a secure and loving present, and gives them the confidence to make their own future.
In the Adoption Support & Preservation Program, we work to stabilize adoption and guardianship placements for children and the families they join. We help them heal, grow, and develop in loving homes. The Therapist provides in-home therapy and case management services to children whoare currently in adoption or guardianship placements. As an Adoption Support & Preservation Therapist, you will be an active member of the treatment team in a child and family-driven program. You will collaborate on behalf of your clients with outside systems, including school personnel, courts, attorneys, DCFS, and POS caseworkers and supervisors. Therapists work a flexible schedule that may include some evening hours and may require driving to client homes up to two hours away from the office.
Therapist responsibilities include:
- Provide individualized assessment, diagnosis, and comprehensive treatment planning for children and families.
- Provide therapeutic interventions to address the needs of each child and family.
- Monitor progress toward clients’ goals and objectives and make recommendations for on-going services when necessary.
- Coordinate services with other agencies, systems, and community providers to meet the needs of clients.
- Refer clients to other community resources, as needed.
- Develop aftercare service/treatment plans with the client and ensure that any recommended services or providers are in place prior to client’s discharge. Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Clinical licensure in candidate’s field (i.e. LCSW, LCPC) or ability to become licensed within two years of employment required.
- Two years' experience providing clinical services to youth and families preferred.
- Understanding of child development and the impact of trauma highly desirable.
- A valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation required. Compensation includes paid time off, as well as medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401(k) Employee savings plan. Children’s Home & Aid is an equal opportunity employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
Flexibility Advanced Interpersonal Skills Advanced Communication Skills Advanced Behaviors
Team Player : Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic : Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated : Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Growth Opportunities : Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter : Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact : Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Masters or better in Social Work or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
About the company