- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $35,000.00 - $39,999.00 gross per year
Job Title: Ticket Sales and Experience Manager
Reports To: Director of Ticket Sales and Experience
Location: Houston, TX
Under general direction, this position is responsible for driving new business through the sale of ticket packages, including premium seating, season tickets and plans, and group ticket sales for the XFL. This position will be based at one of the 8 XFL team markets and will report directly to the Director of Ticket Sales and Experience.
II. ABOUT THE XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home. Team markets for the inaugural season include New York City, Washington DC, Tampa, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Seattle.
III. ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Elevate SV taps into the extensive resources, relationships, and expertise of its partners to innovate and execute comprehensive strategies and solutions in Venue Renovations, Stadium Licenses, Premium Ticketing, Corporate Hospitality and more. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018. Elevate SV serves as OVG’s established representative in premium sales and service for its more than nine current and future OVG development projects, including the $700 million transformative redevelopment of the current Key Arena at the Seattle Center.
IV. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Personally sell XFL ticket packages for designated team
- Make 75-100 cold calls/day from lists provided; generate own leads through referrals, networking, social selling and effective research
- Schedule and execute face to face meetings, as necessary
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through virtual presentations, external appointments, phone prospecting, social selling and events
- Attend outside events with the purpose of selling, networking, gathering leads and prospects
- Effectively follow up with customers and prospective customers in order to build relationships to help drive business and to meet excellent customer service requirements
- Effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for all ticket products
- Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and training sessions
- Work events and races as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
- Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, outside appointment and event recaps
- Provide customer service support as necessary
- Represent Elevate and other partners professionally
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 1-year sales experience, preferably in premium or ticket sales
- Excellent communications skills and a high level of energy
- Must have the ability to maintain professional behavior and appearance
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole
- Must possess strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong, active listening skills
- Must have excellent written communication skills
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions
Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend all games and events.
About the combined partnership
On May 1, 2019, the XFL selected Elevate Sports Ventures to guide and support ticket sales for the league’s eight teams. The two-year agreement also sets Elevate as the league’s first Business Solutions Partner.
Elevate will design, implement and manage database marketing and ticket sales strategies for the XFL’s teams in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa, and Washington D.C. The XFL launches the weekend of February 8-9, 2020. The goal of the partnership is to bring the XFL to market efficiently and through the use of data-driven sales and digital marketing strategies and applications. Elevate will manage the day-to-day ticket sales effort in each of the XFL’s eight markets, working closely with each XFL team president and supplementing the skills of the team business operations group at the XFL league office.
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
- customer service