- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
A Data Science Business Consultant in Southwest Airlines' Enterprise Data Science Center has subject-matter experience in the development, application, and use of data science solutions in the business; responsible for the end-to-end management of data science projects as well as the coordination and relationship with the project customer which includes opportunity identification, scoping, and valuation of potential data science projects.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
- Works on moderate to highly complex data science projects, working with the customer and collaborating with colleagues to understand contextual problems quickly and define, analyze, and deliver solutions based on business objectives with assistance from peers
- Serves as the customer relationship lead on data science projects and interacts with functional leaders across multiple and concurrent projects
- With some assistance, leads discussions with stakeholders from multiple backgrounds to gather business needs for a data science solution
- Serves as subject matter leader on data science delivery methodologies
- Develops Executive-level communication (e.g. project status updates, presentations, etc.)
- Has experience digesting moderate amounts of detailed data and summarize relevant information for the appropriate stakeholder
- Formulates and communicates results and options for moderately complex problems to the customer
- Understands how to read the market landscape and formulates best practices to remain competitive
- Supports the ongoing development of the Southwest Airlines data science center and community
About the company
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and the world's largest low-cost carrier, headquartered in Dallas, Texas.