- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
This role is the internal advisor and subject matter expert for Southwest’s Senior Leaders across all aspects of executive compensation. This individual will deliver guidance, consultation, analysis and advice on the assessment and design of executive compensation plans, which includes providing direction to other analysts and associates, serving as a subject matter expert on projects, and developing and/or reviewing presentations that include meaningful conclusions for review by Senior Leadership team.
- Proactively consult with Leaders and key stakeholders to ensure the attraction, retention, and appropriate level of compensation for Southwest executives
- Partner with HRBPs, Recruiters and Compensation Team to ensure alignment of Director and Above compensation with departmental strategies, providing transparency into structure, headcount movement, Team alignment, Leadership of job families, etc. to enhance a unified approach to compensation delivery
- Develop, enhance, and maintain the design, operation, administration, and governance of Southwest’s executive compensation programs
- Responsible for the design and development of Total Rewards materials and supporting analyses for Board of Directors through the development of compensation models and analyses
- Lead the compensation process for external executive hires including delivering advice and recommendations on candidate remuneration
- Manage executive benchmarking and methodology to ensure alignment with Southwest’s executive compensation philosophy by benchmarking, trend analysis, surveys, etc.
- Keep informed of trends in executive compensation and advise Senior Leadership as needed on marketplace and regulatory developments and their applicability to ensure competitive market positioning in line with marketplace trends and internal budgetary considerations
- Prepare Compensation Committee materials for Senior Management including, but not limited to agendas, calendars, presentations, analyses, and recommendations
- Manage the analysis and administration of company-wide short-term incentive programs by creating models and forecasts; calculating quarterly accruals and annual payouts; and preparing plan documentation, summaries, and statements
- Serve as a knowledgeable source on regulations and regulatory changes/updates affecting executive compensation
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place for all incentive compensation and equity programs; analyze cost implications of current and proposed plans; monitor actual expenses of plan to ensure accuracy and timeliness of accruals
- Develop and deliver regular executive communication and education that provides valuable insight into compensation initiatives, status of incentive compensation plans, and depen
About the company
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and the world's largest low-cost carrier, headquartered in Dallas, Texas.