- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Under general supervision, at a 24/7 Service Desk environment, Service Desk Specialists provide a single point of contact for all Customers with Technical issues/request/questions. Service Desk Specialists troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex software/ hardware problems. During critical system outages Service Desk Specialists provide Management and the Situation Team with business impact information necessary to make decisions. They represent the Customer during critical system outages and ensure the Customer’s technical issue is fully resolved.
- Works all inbound support channels and provides a single point of contact for any technical issue, request or question that comes from the Customer.
- May require some assistance to complete the work requested from the Customer.
- Analyze the impact and urgency of the Customer’s issue or request and facilitate implementation of the appropriate solutions.
- Accurately document the work performed for the Customer in the service management tool.
- Develop and document solutions to moderately complex technical issues.
- Consequences of error carry moderate risk to the organization.
- Analyze incident trends focusing on Shift Left opportunities for the Customers. Communicate to the Team shift left findings.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
About the company
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and the world's largest low-cost carrier, headquartered in Dallas, Texas.