- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Application Security Engineer will be a part of the Cybersecurity Team focused on general application security, DevSecOps principles, and code quality. The Cybersecurity Team works with application development teams to ensure technology security and vulnerabilities are addressed and remediated throughout the system development life cycle (SDLC). As a senior member of the team, your focus will be building and maintaining relationships with different business units, influencing and injecting secure ideas into the roadmap, promoting best security practices, solving world-class security challenges, and pushing your engineering knowledge and expertise while continuously penetration testing our compute ecosystem.
- Conduct application security assessments and penetration tests (web, mobile, web service, etc.). These assessments involve manual testing and analysis as well as the use of automated application vulnerability scanning/testing tools and/or code review tools
- Perform threat models and risk assessments to characterize the risk and severity posture of large-scale commercial or in-house enterprise applications
- Experience programming and scripting and ability to develop or adapt custom tooling to solve new needs
- Experience performing baseline static/dynamic application security assessments (SAST/DAST) on new applications and changes to applications
- Experience Writing security assessments and application threat profile reports
- Working knowledge of industry and commonly adopted secure standards, practices (e.g. applicable NIST standards, CIS, ISO, OWASP, SANS, BISMM, and CERT)
- Effectively applies knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Partners with other Technology Teammembers to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Keeps informed about current developments within his or her area of expertise.
- Track and research the latest developments in vulnerability research
- Strong understanding of vulnerabilities, common attack vectors and how to resolve them
- Attacker mindset: ability to think about creative threats and attack vectors
- Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes pla
About the company
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and the world's largest low-cost carrier, headquartered in Dallas, Texas.