- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Trade Control Specialist who will support Space and Launch activitiesin our Titusville, FL or Houston TX, location.
- Combine the multiple elements of Global Trade Control requirements, develop, plan and execute strategic solutions in support of enterprise objectives
- Manage and track all EAR Licenses, ITAR agreements, commodity jurisdictions, general correspondence letters, and commodity jurisdiction requests
- Review, approve, and manage use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions
- Conduct all post-approval compliance requirements (i.e. reports, amendments, notifications, closures, license returns)
- Conduct and document internal jurisdictional and classification determinations with engineer assistance
- Train stakeholders on export requirements and compliance
- Interface with key stakeholders and provide comprehensive regulatory and policy solutions to enhance strategic alliance
- Manage licensing processes and provide Subject Matter Expertise on US Government (USG) Export policy and procedure to the program, and monitor the status of licenses to ensure no gaps in coverage due to expirations or policy change
- Identify documents, develop and deploy regulatory documentation for high profile and/or precedent setting activity with significant business risk and/or sensitive policy issues involving industry partners, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and multiple regulatory agencies
- Monitor trends in government, industry, and technology and recommendapproaches to deal with change
- Support Order of Reviews for product/technology classifications to assign export jurisdiction and classifications in collaboration with program engineers, product subject matter experts, and Global Trade Controls
- Identifies, documents, develops and deploys regulatory documentation for high profile activity with significant business risk and/or sensitive policy issues involving multiple programs, agencies and authorization types
- Identifies and resolves multiple regulatory requirements. Reviews regulatory documentation for compliance
- Develops initial company position based on preliminary analysis of implications of regulatory and legislative changes
- Identifies arguments and external inquiries to support company position
- Participates in industry advocacy groups and supports governmental engagement
- Interfaces with key business partners and provides comprehensive regulatory and policy solutions to enable business strategy
- Partners on initiatives with programs and regulators in a collaborative environment to develop mutually beneficial solutions
- Leads project teams in the development and improvement of enterprise processes and procedures
- Develops, plans and executes strategic solutions in support of enterprise objectives
- Performs audits, conducts gap analyses and creates solutions
- Proposes solutions to mitigate enterprise risks associated with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience writing trade control authorities/export-import licensing
- 3+ years of Trade Control experience in U.S Customs, International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export Administration Regulation
- 3+ years of experience working with Commerce & State jurisdiction, classifications, and USG policy related to technology, and international relations
- 3+ years of experience functioning in an environment where first-pass quality of work is expected
- 3+ years of experience with managing and organizing multiple deliverables and deadlines with minimal direction
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience leading by influence, without formal authority
- Willing and able to obtain a DoD Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.