- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TransAm Trucking, Inc.is a full truckload refrigerated trucking company specializing in hauling time and temperature sensitive products.
We have been in business since 1987 and have enjoyed a steady, controlled growth over the years.
The corporate office is located in Olathe, Kansas and we also have a terminal in the Dallas area.
Our business focuses on hauling freight for manufacturers, distributors, and other truckload shippers with dry or refrigerated freight.
TransAm operates 1200 tractors with 2400 trailers and services the eastern 2/3 of the country, from the Colorado Rockies to the East Coast, and California.
We are hiring Trailer Technicians (Mechanics) in our Maintenance Department at our corporate facility in Olathe, KS.
Our ideal candidate would be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, be able to work well with others and possess excellent ability to achieve results.
the role | A Trailer Technician is responsible for...
- Performing scheduled trailer basic preventative maintenance.
- Installing wheel assemblies and tires.
- Completing other basic electrical and trailer repairs.
- Diagnosing and performing repairs on basic trailer tracking system (RCOM).
the requirements | This will be a perfect fit for you if...
- You are eager to learn, and willing to be trained on the following:
- Identifying brake components.
- Operation of class 8 air brakes.
- Identifying irregular tire wear and underinflated tires.
- Basic electrical repairs.
- You are self-motivated.
- You have welding skills or previous welding experience.
- Thermo King-certified mechanics are encouraged to apply.
the details | What are the hours, pay, and location?
- These are full-time positions working Monday-Friday, daytime hours.
- Pay is determined by experience and ranges from $16.00-18.00 per hour
the perks | What's in it for you?
- A casual, smoke-free work environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- A convenient tool purchase program
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance coverages
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 88 hours of paid time off after 90 days
- Discounted gym memberships, mobile phone services, tires, and Costco memberships
Apply now by submitting your resume and completing an online application.
A member of our recruiting team will review your resume and reach out to schedule a phone screen if your qualifications match our requirements.