- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $19.61 gross per hour
- Salt Lake City
Under the general direction of the Trial Court Executive or designee develops and implements a uniform standard training curriculum.
Example of Duties
- Develops and provides in-house training for new employees and current employees transferring into different positions within the district and/or juvenile court.
- Responsible for ensuring certification of new employee skills.
- Evaluates progress and levels of success for new employees and communicates progress to new employee's supervisor.
- Acts as mentor and resource to new employees.
- Serves as the district's education liaison.
- Provides ongoing training on district policies and procedures, state policies and procedures as well as new legislation or rules for all clerks. Arranges regular training sessions with existing clerks to implement clerical policy.
- Assists Clerk of Court in developing a collaborative recruitment network to include diversity planning and community outreach.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- A minimum of five (5) years of clerical experience in the courts to include completion of the Courts Online Training Program.
- Must have the ability to evaluate progress and determine whether a new employee is likely to be a successful addition to the district court. Must be knowledgeable in all district court functions.
- Have knowledge of duties associated with the Judicial Assistant positions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with the employees, representatives of allied agencies, and the public.
- Follow written and oral instructions accurately, and prioritize tasks is also necessary.
- This position requires travel to any location in 3rd Juvenile Court which consists of Salt Lake, Summit, and Tooele counties as well as travel for training or committee assignments within and outside the district.