- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Bruno
YouTube Global Scaled Operations (GSO) is growing, and you'll work to build out a brand new function into maturity. You're a strategic leader with experience in modeling agreements for extended or outsourced workforces.
The YouTube GSO team develops practical and innovative ways to address complex business challenges to keep YouTube thriving. We anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of our key clients, and understand how our range of product and service offerings can enable their business success. We also lead the global vendor strategy across all organizations, manage business risks, ensure we have great agreements and deliver amazing client experiences for YouTube’s customers and partners. Using influencing and relationship-building skills, you'll provide YouTube-caliber client service, legal guidance, research, and market analysis.
As a Training Program Manager, you'll help agents to delight customers by providing learner-centric training strategies. You'll analyze trends and future launches to anticipate training needs and advocate for the continual improvement of the training experience. Working with our cross-functional teams, you will create training project plans, review the design and development process and coordinate with our vendors to ensure smooth delivery to our service delivery centers. You will report training progress and evaluate training to understand its effectiveness in preparing agents to provide quality service to our consumers. Additionally, you have leadership, organizational, problem-solving, networking and communications skills.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Design, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience deploying training programs to third party partners.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects in organizations.
- Ability to build partnerships with business partners and team members.
- Ability to influence others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Consult with business partners and stakeholders to determine the most effective training strategy to support products and workflows.
- Analyze trends in quality results, product launches, anticipate learning needs and devise appropriate training interventions.
- Lead the development and implementation of curricular framework for all YouTube training to drive business results.
- Drive training development to completion by managing timelines, overseeing the instructional design process and coordinating the delivery of training to our help centers.
- Manage programs of periodic product knowledge tests across products.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate