- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Naval Weapons Station US
- You will complete all administrative matter pertaining to managing rental lease assets
- You will maintain the records of vehicle assignments and assign all rental equipment.
- You will assist customers in resolving problems/issues with refueling.
- You will gather data, perform analysis and recommend changes to improve fleet management activities. Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
2102 Transportation Clerk And Assistant
Help Help Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station. Qualifications
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of experience at or equivalent to the GS-06 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) assisting in the implementation of a transportation program; 2)reviewing documentation to ensure it is complete, correct, and complies with all policies and procedures; 3)maintaining the records of vehicle assignments and assigns all rental equipment to maximize utilization; 4) providing training information for Fleet Fuel Card Certification when necessary; 5) analyzing work methods, implementing actions that will reduce costs and provide high quality services.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
About the company