- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $13.00 gross per hour
- Crystal River
This position is responsible for various administrative support and accounting tasks related to, but not exclusive of, transportation and transit services and programs funded with state, federal and local dollars.
The primary work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The starting rate of pay is $13.00 per hour.
- Compiles and disseminates all analytical and statistical data for the FCTD Annual Operation Report, Calculated Rate Model, and National Transit Database Statistical data requirements. Enter trip data for National Transit Database annual urban report by Orange Line Trip ticket by Route, Location, and VA, 60+, Medicaid, other. Coordinate with FDOT District 7 Office of Modal Development for reporting requirements to the Florida Transit Information and Performance handbook.
- Collects Client data to determine eligibility for Transportation Disadvantage program, which may include face-to-face interviews, and/or telephone correspondence for completing the Client TD Application process.
- Prepare the monthly invoice for the Florida Commission of the Transportation Disadvantaged and the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Prepares travel arrangements for department employees.
- Answer phone lines. Which includes taking Client reservations, answering questions, giving information and providing excellent Customer Service.
- Assist in reviewing and updating all of the Division's Policy & Procedure manuals.
- Mandatory participation in Emergency Operations when a countywide emergency is declared; Duties and hours may vary during this time based on the needs of the department.
- Performs related work and other additional duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED supplemented with secretarial training
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Customer Service background a plus
- Must have computer experience andMicrosoft Office Suite of Products with emphasis on Excel and Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
- Ability to type at a moderate rate of speed with a good degree of accuracy
- Requires valid Florida Driver License
- Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100B and 700A
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Requires light to medium work that involves walking or standing virtually all of the time and exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis; requires considerable skill, adeptness and speed in the use of the fingers, hands or limbs in tasks involving close tolerances or limits of accuracy.
- The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception and texture perception.
- The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic and heights in some departments.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Basis of Rating: Some positions may require a written and/or skills test. Applications will be carefully reviewed to assess each individuals qualifications. Selected persons will be interviewed to determine who will be hired for the job. The kind and length of related work experience, training and education shown on the application will be an important consideration in the screening process.
Must successfully pass an employment reference check, criminal background check, physical examination check. Drug screens will be in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act and/or the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
Citrus County, Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Citrus County, Florida is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Citrus County, Florida Board of County Commissioners in advance to allow sufficient time to provide an accommodation.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code.
- customer service