- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Prudential Individual Life Insurance (ILI) BU Treasury has a career opportunity for a treasury analyst in the Capital Management and Strategy group. The qualified candidate will have exposure to senior leaders in ILI Business, Finance and Treasury while gaining in-depth knowledge of the Individual Life Insurance business, products and strategy. The candidate will have the opportunity to support ILI’s broad reporting requirements and capital management and investment initiatives while learning various functions across ILI Business. This position will interact with various areas within Individual Life, including the Captive Management office, Product Development, Market Intelligence Group, Actuarial, and Global Portfolio Management, as well as throughout Financial Management, including Finance, Treasury, Corporate Controllers, Asset & Liability Management, Regulatory Reporting, and Tax.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Individual Life Business new product pricing and risk review process, including the development of a methodology to calculate cost of capital at a product level.
- Support quarterly capital forecasts, annual capital plan and stress testing such as Capital Protection Framework, Liquidity Stress Test and Deterministic Stress Test, etc.
- Support Portfolio Management and corporate functions on strategic initiatives around Asset and Liability Management including duration studies, long-term investments portfolio allocations and interest rate risk management.
- Re-evaluate and document captive capital methodology and explore multiple solutions to mitigate the capital funding volatility.
- Support Actuarial department’s model review for all capital management processes and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate and support Individual Life Business in preparation of senior executive presentations for Rating Agencies, the Audit Committee of Prudential’s Board, and other regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for various reporting and analysis requirements for Closed Block business from capital perspective, including quarterly capital forecast, annual capital plan, surplus note financing, Excess Asset Testing and stress testing, annual dividend analysis, etc.
- Support other ad hoc strategic projects and presentations as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree required; Finance, Accounting or related discipline preferred
- CFA or Actuarial candidate preferred
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of investments, capital management and US GAAP/STAT accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to understand and interpret financial data and convert it into insightful analytics
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to think “out of the box” and handle complex topics tactfully by conceptualizing, synthesizing and analyzing to drive reasonable conclusions
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under tight time frames, ability to organize and prioritize to move tasks forward and complete them in a time efficient manner
- Self-motivated/ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary with an ability to interact with all levels of management
- Strong familiarity with the Prudential accounting/forecast systems is a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Newark
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)