- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Oriskany Falls
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Lehigh Hanson is seeking Truck Drivers who enjoy operating and maintaining OTR Trucks while maximizing productivity. Successful candidates will be responsible for transporting materials from our Quarry Hot Mix Plants to our Heavy Highway Road Construction jobs or Aggregates materials from our Plants to customers or jobs as needed. CDL License is required.
- Pre& post shift maintenance inspections
General Maintenance and housekeeping duties required to
Utilize equipment in a manner to maximize productivity and minimize wear and down time
- Report mechanical or maintenance issues with equipment
- Knowledge and following ofD.O.T. regulations
- Proper reporting - verbal or written
- Deliver materials (aggregates, hot mix asphalt products) to
Construction jobsites; interplant or local customers as necessary
- Proper information on allrequired documents
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
These positions will be based at Oriskany Falls, NY.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- CDL Class A or B License required, Haz Mat qualification desirable.
- Good physical condition, able to climb in and out of equipment.
- A sense of responsibility for the safety of the public, the work crew, self and all other employees.
- Mental alertness.
- Neat and clean appearance.
- Clean driving record
- Flexible schedule hours - Days, evenings, nights, weekends
- Being able to travel / stay out of town at times
- Ability to work different shifts, and overtime as required
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, work in confined spaces, capable of wearing personal protective equipment
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace
About the company