- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sloan Construction, a company of Reeves Construction Company, has been a key partner in the infrastructure growth of the Southeast since the company's founding in Americus, Georgia, in 1955. For more than a half-century, Reeves Construction has expanded to meet the needs of the region as the demands for improved infrastructure increase. As we've grown, Reeves has formed new partnerships and branched out to new subsidiaries from Sloan Construction in South Carolina and North Carolina, R.B. Baker Construction in Georgia and Florida, to Southeast Emulsion in South Carolina and Georgia to meet transportation construction needs from heavy construction services, excavation and site work, to underground utilities, bridge construction, and asphalt paving and materials supply. Reeves Construction Company is a complete maintenance and rehabilitation company dedicated to meet the specific needs of the roadway, airport, bridge, and military maintenance market. Reeves prides itself as a leader in the transportation construction industry, not only for its quality products, but also for its high company standards of safety and performance. Our company's success is based on a foundation of exceptional accomplishments, with an eye on innovation for the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must operate truck equipped with a dump body to transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal, and bituminous paving materials; or must operate a truck equipped with a water tank to transport and spread water on the job sites.
- Must have skills to conduct pre-trip inspection checklist on equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Must be able to handle paperwork concerning Department of Transportation regulations, freight weigh bills, fuel tickets and load tickets.
- Must be able to carry out detailed instructions, take directions to job sites, but also must be able to use good judgement in decision-making and be able to work without direct supervision.
- If operating Service Truck;
- Must be able to oil, grease and fuel trucks and equipment.
- Must ensure that crews have water, oil and fuel for equipment on the job at all times.
- Must be able/willing assist in moving signs, setting up signs in morning and storage of signs on truck.
- Must have the ability to operate the vehicle safely in traffic situations and follow the policies and procedures of the company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Tandem truck drivers are required to have at least a Class B Commercial Driver's License. No endorsements are required. A water truck driver is required to have a tanker endorsement on a Class B Commercial Driver's License. A service truck driver is required to have a tanker and haz-mat endorsement. A tractor/trailer driver must have a Class A Commercial Driver's License with no endorsements required. All drivers are required to be Department of Transportation certified. All must have a valid D.O.T. physical examination with proof in the form of a wallet card and a letter-sized form, both signed by a medical examiner. This physical examination will also serve as a requirement for commercial driver's license in any class.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to climb onto and up and down a vehicle several times a day.
- Must be able to sit in a vehicle and operate it for several hours without stopping.
- Must withstand vibration from truck, road, and job site conditions as well as noise from the truck engine, other equipment and other traffic.
- Must be able to use arms, hands, and feet in repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform light manual duties, such as sweeping debris and rocks out of the truck bed or trailer, handle tarpaulins, tailgate chains, binders, and binding chains.
The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employees must have 20/40 vision, either naturally or with corrective lenses. Hearing should be excellent or corrected by audio device.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Sloan Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Sloan Construction at 864-416-0200 or send an e-mail to: (see below) .
Sloan Construction will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .