- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Overland Park
New Facility Opening Feb 2020
Ultrasound Technologist AdventHealth at College Boulevard
Location Address:7025 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County withfour campuses
36hrs/week - 3 x 12hr shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Cooperates with all associates in proper conduct of the department.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
- Follows the "Standard of Behavior" guidelines per hospital policy.
- Follows prescribed hospital safety standards.
- Maintains ethical, professional relationships.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Positions and transfers patients for exams.
- Assists physicians in performing invasive procedures, being responsible for checking necessary lab work pre-exam and for delivering specimens to appropriate areas of the hospital with proper paperwork.
- Practices sterile technique to prevent any contamination.
- Maintains adequate records per department and hospital policies.
- Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times.
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Operates Cerner System proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of Ultrasound Department.
- Produces quality diagnostic ultrasound images by using proper equipment technique and technical factors.
- Secures and restocks supplies as necessary.
- Performs all ultrasound procedures according to department policies.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Registered as Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-Abdominal (RDMS)
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of diagnostic medical sonography procedures providing high quality exams for interpretation by a Radiologist. Sets up and assists in invasive procedures when ultrasound is used as a guidance tool. Performs all tasks necessary to provide quality patient care