- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
Your future team
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Lexington Insurance Company, an AIG company, has an opportunity in its Architects and Engineers / Contractors Professional Liability department for an Underwriter. He/She is expected to work effectively in an independent manner to successfully manage his/her book of business of new and renewal production along with contributing to the profitability of the A&E business portfolio. A Senior Underwriter must be able to illustrate sufficient technical analysis and underwriting acumen combined with marketing and sales skills to meet underwriting goals (i.e., achieve growth targets and maintain loss and expense ratios). The key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.• Underwrite assigned risks handling a mix of accounts within and beyond their underwriting authority.
• Communicates risk appetite/AIG Value proposition to brokers.
• Develop strong long term broker relationships to profitably grow a book of business.
• Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients.
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions & deal structure with broker.
• Management of their book of business including setting up a broker plans, target account lists & pipelines along with arranging and monitoring plans for poor performing accounts.
• Participate in special underwriting projects as needed.
What we are looking for
• 5+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Working knowledge of Architects & Engineers and/or Contractors Professional Liability line of business, including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
• Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
• Comfort with analytical tools and technology
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.