- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
Your Future Team:
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your Contribution at AIG:
Underwriter responsible for AIG Environmental's suite of products, including combined General Liability & Pollution Liability, Excess coverage, Commercial Automobile, as well as standalone Contractors Pollution Liability.
- Professionally maintain and service existing book of business as well as developing new business relationships - Renewal book of business between $5M-$8M in premium and New Business goal between $1M-$2M in premium
- Develop and manage critical business relationships with brokers and clients through sales and marketing\
- Develop and manage mutually beneficial, internal relationships with other divisions within AIG
- Work to become proficient in the suite of Environmental Insurance products offered by AIG (internal training courses provided by AIG)
- Marketing products to insurance brokers (retail & wholesale) and to existing/potential clients
- Other responsibilities as required
- 0-2 years of relevant underwriting experience. Environmental Insurance and/or Environmental Consulting Experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management required
- Skills desired: Analytical, Strong Communication and Work Ethic, Time Management, Technologically Sound, Ability to Work Independently
- Beneficial Skills/Attributes: Environmental Consulting or similar experience helpful, Knowledge of Insurance Market, Portfolio Management, Acquisition & Development, and Sales & Marketing
- Candidate should be positive, energetic and outgoing; Duties will require working, cooperating and participating in a team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key producers and confidently discuss AIG's capabilities and the features of its specialty lines products
- Ability to successfully collaborate with others
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
AIG reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check, tailored to the requirements of a job, after a conditional employment offer is made. Unless otherwise required by law, AIG does not automatically exclude any applicant with a criminal conviction for a job or class or jobs. For more information about Philadelphia law specifically, copy and paste the following link within your browser: http://www.phila.gov/HumanRelations/PDF/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.